The Fumel site, which began production in September 2006, is the first industrial production unit of Flash metakaolin of Demeter Technologies.
All the information concerning the Fumel production unit are available on the page Productions units.
Once the installation of an industrial production unit for pozzolanic binders (metakaolin) has been agreed, the transfer of technologies between Demeter Technologies and the contractor is made up of the 4 stages below.
• The sending of a clay sample to be analysed
• Testing of the clay by Demeter Technologies
• Report on the analysis, move on to stage 2 if positive
• Completion of a pilot Flash calcination
• Characterisation of the end product
• Industrial calcination : possibility of producing 50 to 100 tonnes of Flash metakaolin from the clay provided
• Industrial validation
• Financial study
• Delivery and installation of Flash metakaolin production unit
• Technology transfer
The industrial unit
The installation of an industrial, pozzolanic binder production unit includes the following processes :
• Breaking up of soil
• Breaking down/drying/separating clay and sand
• Back-up boiler
• Pneumatic conveying system
• Storage in silo of calcinated products for delivery
• Blending for more sophisticated products
• Electric installation
The financial study
Within the framework of the transfer of technology, Demeter Technologies can provide elements regarding their experience on the site at Fumel in order for the contractor to study the figures regarding the profitability of the investment.